The idea was to use as many different electric guitars/pickups as possible and make tonematch presets for each of them. So if you have an Ibanez with Bare Knuckle or EMG or DiMarzio pickups, or a Fender Stratocaster, or a Gibson Les Paul, the corresponding presets should work to give it a convincing acoustic simulation sound (in FRFR systems of course !).
I used my Yamaha acoustic guitar sound as a base, and made tonematches for the following electric guitars :
- Ibanez RG 520QS with Bare Knuckle Holydiver and Emerald pickups (5 positions)
- Variax JTV 89 with DiMarzio Norton and LiquiFire pickups (5 positions)
- Fender Stratocaster USA with Suhr pickups (5 positions)
- Schecter Damien Platinium FR with EMG pickups (3 positions)
- Ibanez RGIR20FE with EMG pickups (3 positions)
- JTV89 Variax models of acoustic guitar (1 position), Telecaster (3 positions), Les Paul (3 positions) and Fender Stratocaster (4 positions)
- Gibson les Paul Standard- Gibson SG 50th anniversary
- Ibanez J Custom RG8540ZD
Bonus, the three existing acoustic simulation presets from my normal Axe-Fx II presets packs.
Each preset uses 8 scenes, which you can customize as you like.
Of course, you can try a preset made for one guitar/pickup position with a different guitar, that may work ! Although a preset made for a Les Paul neck pickup will certainly be way too bright with a Stratocaster bridge pickup...
Legal stuff :
These files are meant to be used with FRFR systems.
It is a digital download, so there will be no refund for any reason including purchasing by mistake. The download link will be emailed to you by e-junkie and I will receive a copy of that mail too. If you don't get it, please check your spam folder
These files are in a .rar compressed archive, which is a standard format. PC users can Winrar, Winzip or 7zip to extract them. Popular tools for MAC users are Stuffit Expander, Unrar x or The Unarchiver. Most computers already have tools for that, and most of these applications are free anyway.
Pack now available on my website (Axe-Fx II only, no AX8) : https://fremenpresets.com/